Penn House Estate is set in large gardens and is situated on the edge of the village. The estate dates back to the middle ages and is in large part due to grants of land made by King Henry VIII and King Edward VI to the Penn family. Since then, 15 generations of the Penn, Curzon and Howe families have made Penn House Estate their home, with the Current Earl Howe living there with his wife, Elizabeth.
The current house dates from 1760, and has many royal connections. Not only were the grants of land made by Kings Henry and Edward, but during the 19th Century the then Earl Howe entertained King William IV and Queen Adelaide, followed by visits from the then Prince and Princess of Wales in 1880.
For more information on the House, the Gardens and the Estate, please see the Penn House website.